What is ALP?
With ALP your PC is equipped with alp:// protocol that can be used
in IE, ALPFrame viewer and other applications supporting Asynchronous
Pluggable Protocols. With this you have ASP/CGI engine that executes
the ASP pages and CGI programs just in place from your local file
There is no need of IIS or PWS nor anything else than Microsoft
Internet Explorer 4.0 or later on the PC. The powerful
per-application/directory configuration features allow the developer to
define virtual sites, ASP application settings, directory behavior as
needed not disturbing the other ALP applications on the same
Together with ALPFrame and its extended DHTML the WEB programs
become desktop applications capable to work even on stand-alone
machines. The DHTML+ UI allows the developer to build powerful and nice
looking applications on very low costs.
Ability to run them on WEB server or even from autorun CD
(without installation) eliminates the need to build separate versions for
each scenario or if certain specific features are required at least
minimizes the required work to few adjustments.
Read more ...
also includes installer which can be used to install your
application bundled with ALP engine. It is designed for unattended
installations which require only confirmation from the user.
ALP ships with ALPFrame -
special ALP viewer which extends the DHTML object model and most important
allows ALP to run from scratch - e.g. on autorun
CD without installation on the PC (there are some limitations
about how and which components can be used).
Read more ...
wonder what is the difference between ALP and PWS?
While Microsoft's Personal Web Server (PWS) is a WEB server ALP is
not. PWS is a fully functional Internet Information Server (with some
limitations) thus it is a server side software. Contrary ALP is a client
side software that implements features usually found on the WEB servers,
but it implements them in a set of in-process components and it is
implemented as an asynchronous pluggable protocol ...
Read more ...
a quick tour online.
Learn about the most important ALP features in few steps. The tour
notices the features you need to know initially.
Who needs ALP
Small and huge companies, companies developing applied projects for
their customers, retail software developers.
ALP is a programming platform not a product directing final users in
one step. Applications written for ALP need to redistribute the ALP engine
or alternatively they need to tell the user to download ALP separately. With the ALP licensing rules we are trying to give the developers
enough freedom to buy once and use the ALP for their applications without
need to recalculate additional payments...
Want to evaluate for yourself. Which archive to download?
- ALP full shareware with documentation and sample. Best for
developers. (zip file ) (self
extract exe )
- Redistribution examples.
If you have the full ALP you may want to see how the deployment
packages for your application should be structured.
- ALPFrame in autorun mode demonstration. Several examples packed with ALPFrame and
ALP engine. Can be put on a CD (or any drive root if you want to avoid
burning a CD) and started as autorun. Or just unpacked and started -
start ALPFrame.exe. (zip file )
(Self extract )
- Uploads (Request.BinaryRead)
- SCRIPT and OBJECT RUNAT=SERVER
- Mixed script languages in ASP pages
- Global.asa support
- IIS<->ALP compatibility tuning. Less
efforts to port from IIS to ALP and vice versa.
- COM aliases
- Application configuration shell
- ASP Objects support
- Bundled with newObjects ActiveX pack1
components and NetProbe (beta).
- Storages and Files
(Text/Binary/Record based access to files and streams)
- Unified data structures through
ConfigFile (work with text data files, binary data streams and
registry with the same code)
- Advanced COM tricks - Threads,
Custom apartments, COM object creation from non-registered DLLs
- Composite objects (build
dynamically or register definitions of COM objects composed from
scripts and objects)
- More system functions - DLL/EXE
version info, Shell shortcuts etc.
- And much more ...
Download it now: ZIP, SFX
ALP Supports/contains also:
- ASP pages written in VBScript and JScript.
Also can be configured to use any other Active Script compliant
language (such as Active Perl).
- The five core ASP objects: Request, Response,
Server, Application, Session. (read
- Include directives (file and virtual).(read
- Site structure and settings similar
to IIS. Structure is defined with files in the physical
directory tree. (read more: ALP
URL , Server.MapPath
- CGI (Common Gateway Interface) with limitation to the
parameters syntax .(read more )
- Directory view plug-in - lists directory as WEB page (as like IIS).
With templates support.
- Simple HTML templates - HTML page with special tags is filled
automatically from the request. (read
- With ALPFrame - extended DHTML model - window menus and
shortcut menus are controlled by the pages currently opened. (read
- Install utility - components and
sets of other files can be configured in the setup configuration and
deployed easily. (read more )
- Besides ASP raw/plain scripts also can be used. (read more). This is
a specific feature but is useful if the HTML code is less important in
certain situation. They share the same objects with ASP.
Complete documentation is included in the downloadable
can be done with ALP:
- Write desktop application in ASP (VBScript, JScript
and so on). Use existing WEB server programming skills and developers
to build client side software.
- Port certain ASP applications for the desktop or autorun CDs.
- Run CGI programs as well.
- Embed IE browser in VB/C++/Delphi applications and use
ALP to generate content for the hosted browser.
- Develop corporate/business applications
with minimal efforts and run them on both Server and stand alone
machines as appropriate.
- Create/Port active WEB sites for offline usage with all the dynamic